Corporate / M&A
We assist our clients with set-ups of partnerships and corporate entities as well as with challenging corporate structures, such as:
- Establishment of joint venture structures, e.g. between a significant investor and the operating shareholder
- Drafting shareholders‘ agreement and by-laws for appointed managing directors
- Cross-border mergers and cross-border contribution in kinds
- Establishment of Austrian stock corporation and preparation for initial public offering
Our founding partner, Dr. Alice Meissner has a substantive track record in advising investors and sellers with their M&A projects, including advising on post-merger issues. Her credentials include:
- Advising a Forbes Global 500 multinational corporation with their M&A transaction and corporate activities in Austria
- Advising several multinational corporations listed at a Chinese stock exchange with the set-up of their subsidiary in Austria and negotiations on concluding several joint venture companies
- Advising on a cross-border European merger
- Advising on shareholders‘ disputes
Arbitration / Mediation
Our founding partner Dr. Alice Meissner, has extensive experience representing clients in international arbitration proceedings (under VIAC, CIETAC, ICC and UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules). She acts also as an independent arbitrator. Alice is co-founder and current Chair of the European Chinese Arbitrators Association (ECAA).
Our cooperation partner, Judge Avi Zamir (Ret.), is a well-experienced arbitrator and mediator. He is well-known for resolving commercial disputes by commercial mediation. Avi Zamir has an extensive record acting as a mediator in over hundred commercial disputes.
Dr. iur. Dr. phil. Adolf Peter, LL.M., MA, CSE, our Of-Counsel and Associate Professor at the Shanghai University of Political Science and Law (SHUPL), Shanghai, is a well-known arbitrator. He is a listed as arbitrator in ten international arbitration institutions and author of various arbitration-related publications.
One of our main expertise is the representation of clients in Austrian court proceedings of different nature.
Our founding partner, Mag. Bernhard Passin, has extensive experience representing clients before the Austrian courts including representing clients with and against civil damage claims, unfair competition proceedings as well es employment legal proceedings.
MP Attorneys has substantial experience assisting clients in the automotive industry, including advising on the Austrian Motor Vehicle Sector Protection Act, registration of distributors according to the Austrian Motor Vehicles Act and the drafting of distribution and sub-contractor agreements.
As for the electric automotive sector, sustainability issues become relevant for an ESG due diligence, in particular in the battery manufacture cycle.
ESG Due Diligence
Based on applicable EU Directives including upcoming EU Corporate Sustainability Directive and the EU Directive on on Corporate Due Diligence and Corporate Accountability an indepth ESG Due Diligence has become part of MP Attorneys’ due diligence expertise.